Want to know which is the best travel drone? Which drone to buy to go on an excursion with your quadrocopter in your backpack? You are in the right place. More and more travellers from all over the world and other globetrotters are equipping themselves with a travel drone for adventure. While smartphones are good tools for taking pretty selfies in the most beautiful places on the planet, they are still quite limited in terms of video recording. Travel drones take you into another dimension and increase your possibilities in terms of viewing angle and video quality. Drones today are concentrates of technology that are smaller and smaller and easier to fly. In short, the ideal companion to capture your memories during your journeys and adventures around the world!
Best Travel Drones
Here is our ranking of the 10 best drones for travel:
- This E58 FPV drone from the manufacturer EACHINE is an ideal model for travelling because of its small size and foldable wings. It fits easily in a regular backpack.
- Low price and reliability: it is the best drone in terms of value for money if you have a small budget or if you are a beginner.
- It is a drone that is very efficient indoors (indoor), a little less outdoors (outdoor).
- Its small size and light weight make it very manoeuvrable indoors but make it more difficult to control outdoors, especially if there is wind.
- The drone can be configured in 3-speed modes: low speed, medium speed and high speed.
- These different speeds are very practical for getting started and gradually building up your skills.
- These foldable wings make it very easy to carry.
- This drone can connect to Wifi. You can take real-time photos, videos and transmissions through the camera image on your cell phone with APK system.
- You can fly the drone easily from your cellphone and draw the path on the screen so that the drone will follow the flight path you have drawn.
Potensic U36W RC
- Drone Size: It is approximately 4cm high, 18cm long and 19cm wide. It’s a great drone to go on an adventure if you’re a beginner or on a tight budget.
- It can be easily stored in a hiking backpack for example.
- Wide Angle Lens: It is a remote-controlled 2.4GHz radio-controlled drone, which supports headless mode, altitude hold mode and VR (virtual reality) mode, and has a 720P 120 ° wide-angle HD camera for taking photos and videos.
- Altitude hold mode allows the drone to fly at the height of your choice
- Headless mode is perfect for beginners because there is no need to set the direction of the drone and you can easily fly the drone.
- The remote control can steer the drone in the air up to a distance of 25 meters to 30 meters, it depends on factors such as wind speed and direction outside.
- The Mambo from Parrot is a drone generally chosen by people who want to do drone racing.
- However, its small size makes it perfectly compatible with trips to nature or to large cities. Put on your backpack, slip your Mambo drone inside and get ready to discover the earth from the sky for a unique experience.
- Go beyond your limits with the Parrot Mambo FPV, pilot your Minidrone in a completely new way with a first-person view.
- Take control of your FPV drone and get ready to become a real immersion pilot.
- The FPV camera being connected to the smartphone thanks to Smart Block technology, you will be able to record and stream HD video content with a wide-angle (110 ° FOV).
- All your peregrinations can be recorded on a micro SD card (not included).
- The Parrot Cockpit Glasses 2 are compact FPV goggles compatible with most smartphones and will allow you to obtain the vision of your drone in total immersion.
- High precision joystick with an optimized range of up to 100 m. The autonomy of 6 hours with a full recharge of the controller in 2 hours.
- Start with Easy Mode which will keep your drone in the air even after letting go of the controls.
- Then enter Drift Mode to make tight turns.
- Finish with a Racing mode which will give you complete control of the drone without any stabilization aids.
Dobby Amewi 25201
The Dobby pocket drone fits in your hand and weighs only 199 grams! Dobby has been dubbed “the first pocket-sized 4K selfie drone”. No need for a backpack anymore, the Dobby drone is so small that it fits in your jeans pocket! It is the ideal companion for all your outings!
At the beginning, we fear that this drone is only a gadget although its technical sheet is suitable: Snapdragon 801 processor at 2.3 GHz, 13 megapixel CMOS sensor, 4K videos and WiFi range up to 100 meters.
Dobby’s battery fits under the drone and recharges in 2 hours. Delivered without a remote control, the Dobby pocket drone can be piloted with the Do.fun application (on iOS and Android).
During the first take off, we take a real slap as the mini drone is very easy to handle. Note that before takeoff, the application asks you to choose the inclination of the camera: oriented upward (22.5 °), horizontal, or more or less oriented downward (up to -90 °).
You then select your piloting mode: Motion Sensing (the drone copies its movements on those dictated to your smartphone), Sticker (the smartphone screen has two joysticks) … There is even a Follow Me mode so that the drone follows its pilot like a little dog. A simple button takes Dobby off the ground and places him in geostationary flight before we “take control” of the aircraft. Accessible at any time, a Landing button ends the flight in an emergency. In-flight, Dobby behaves with talent: stable, nervous, easy to handle and playful, it is the ideal drone for beginners and intermediate pilots.
The Dobby pocket drone fulfils its mission in terms of taking photos, in particular, to take funny selfies because the machine is equipped with a facial tracking function. Dobby also films in 4K resolution (at 30 frames per second). A very practical function allows you to rework the videos in Full HD by digitally stabilizing them. Finally, the battery offers a flight time of 9 minutes.
- The little Dobby is the perfect example of a drone designed for beginners.
- It benefits from a very small size which makes it as practical to carry as your smartphone.
- Its strong point lies in its ease of use, especially since the takeoff and landing assistance (on the ground or on the palm of your hand) will reassure those who are not used to piloting this kind. gear.
With its egg shape, the PowerEgg can be easily stored in a mountain backpack for example. It is a fairly high-end drone that allows you to take souvenir photos or film aerial reports with professional quality.
With the push of a single button, the drone automatically takes off and hovers at the designated altitude
It returns to starting point like a chef with the push of a button and automatically lands smoothly.
Its flight time is 23 minutes.
The PowerEgg is in our opinion the most intuitive consumer drone so that a toddler can fly it.
With PowerEgg Maestro, the industry’s first gesture recognition remote control, takeoff and landing can be done with the push of a button so anyone can fly the PowerEgg right out of the box. The Maestro for PowerEgg is a controller based on the detection of hand movements and allows users to interact and manipulate the drone in flight. At any time, press the pause button and your PowerEgg will pause in flight and hold its current position. The pause button stops the drone in flight as an emergency brake for added safety.
During flight, the PowerEgg maintains a minimum safe distance from the remote control, providing additional protection to the user (safety radius).
With GPS / BeiDou for outdoor positioning and optical positioning for indoor environment, the duo system meets the demand for shooting in various conditions.
Finally, its 4K UHD camera mounted on a 3-axis gimbal provides 360 ° aerial vision. Long-distance explorations are finally possible thanks to a control range of around 3 km and real-time HD video feedback.
- Revolutionary, feature-rich and intuitive design with a unique egg-shaped look
- The PowerEgg Maestro, a motion detection based controller, allows users to interact with and manipulate the drone in flight
- Explore remotely with real-time HD video transmission up to approximately 3 km
- 4K UHD 360-degree panoramic camera on a 3-axis gimbal captures stabilized aerial views
- Accessories included: PowerEgg remote control, PowerEgg base station, PowerEgg smart battery, PowerEgg charger, Maestro controller, PowerEgg holder.
Wingsland’s S6 weighs just 230 grams, including the battery which weighs around 100g on its own. It is super compact with its dimensions of 138mm x 169mm x 26.8mm, and 138mm x 79mm x 26.8mm when the arms are folded. It’s so small, that Wingsland has dubbed it “the smartphone of the drone industry”. It simply fits in your pants pocket, which is to say how miniature it is. The S6 has a camera with a 13-megapixel sensor and the camera mainly allows you to shoot 4K video at 30 frames per second or 1080p / 60. The drone’s sensor broadcasts live in 720p resolution to the mobile app, which is largely suitable as an image quality to steer the S6. The video recorded on the micro SD card will be in 4K or 1080p, depending on the setting chosen in the parameters. The Wingsland S6 comes with a plastic storage box that is easy to carry it in. The drone also comes with spare propellers which is always appreciated knowing that drone propellers are always a bit fragile. A USB cable is provided to connect the charger or to directly connect the drone since it is equipped with a micro USB port as well as a micro SD reader. It is recommended to use a 16GB or 32GB card for storing photos and videos, as 4K video consumes a lot of memory space. The drone can fly up to a height of 100 meters and reach a speed of 8 meters / second, which makes the S6 drone a small car capable of bluffing acceleration. Its battery gives it a flight autonomy of only 10 minutes, this is the weak point of the S6. The Wingsland app (free on Android and iOS) serves as a controller, with virtual joysticks located on either side of the screen. The left joystick is used to raise or rotate the quadcopter, while the right is used to forward, backward, or fly askew. The application interface offers a multitude of options, including three control modes, including the tilt control mode of the smartphone which is very fun to use. Finally, the S6 offers several interesting functions, including taking a 360-degree panoramic photo. You fly it, then you activate the function and the drone takes 12 successive photos by rotating on itself and assembles them all by itself. Convenient and really fun! It can also fly over an object or a determined point by performing a circular flight, once the subject has been identified. In addition, it offers the possibility to follow you (well, follow your smartphone), which will allow you to make videos of your sports exploits or simply of a small bike or skate ride without worrying too much about controlling the drone. In addition, the Wingsland S6 is equipped with 2 easy return systems, as well as an alarm when the battery becomes too low, which allows it to quickly return to you or straight to its starting point, thanks to the ” back to base ”.
- Compact, Lightweight and Foldable: It is easy to carry for hiking during nature excursion.
- Easy to control: its piloting does not require a lot of experience and you can pilot it quickly with ease.
- The smartphone app offers other fun driving options.
- Wingsland’s S6 drone is a quadcopter that can shoot 4K video and take 360-degree panoramic photos.
- Stylish and compact model, with a practical storage box.
- Can also fly indoors, thanks to infrared and optical sensors.
With the Anafi drone, the manufacturer Parrot sets the bar high. Its previous model, the Bebop Parrot, is a quality drone that is easy to fly, but which did not compete with the drones of its Chinese competitor DJI, particularly in terms of video quality With its 21 Mpixel Sony sensor, the Anafi films excellent 4K videos: the resolution of 4096 x 2160 pixels. With the Anafi drone, Parrot has perfected its mechanical and electronic stabilization technology. The videos are in fact very well stabilized, fluid and of high quality. Note that the manufacturer Parrot is known to regularly publish new software updates for its products. We can therefore trust Parrot to reserve us other nice surprises during future improvements to its software. With the Bebop 2 model, for example, Parrot released an update that added a function for tracking a person or object. Parrot has improved its FreeFlight 6 application for this Anafi drone. The application is now much more intuitive to use. The flight speed configuration (film or sport), the choice of shots or even the video settings (4K, Full HD, exposure, etc.) now go through menus that appear at the bottom of the screen of the smartphone. A first menu level gives access to speed, driving mode, cineshots or even the choice which allows switching from photo mode to video mode. It is only after this first manipulation that the application unfolds a second menu level. For example, to achieve the famous “compensated travelling”, you must select the “SmartDronies” in the piloting mode, then the Dolly effect in the “Cineshots” menu. Thus, a few clicks are enough to activate the main functions. On the autonomy side, this Anafi drone can fly for 25 minutes. Allow about two hours of charging for the battery to fill up. The battery can be recharged using a simple USB-C socket with an ordinary 2A smartphone charger. The only downside is that the Parrot FreeFlight 6 application does not allow you to broadcast your aerial captures live on social networks.
- Maximum range: 2000 meters
- 25-minute battery life
- Smarter ergonomics of the FreeFlight 6 application
- Superb video quality with 4K HDR resolution
- Unique 180 ° vertical tilting platform, ideal for low angle shots
Capture yourself in action, effortlessly It’s not just about flying a drone. It’s all about getting a video without having to interrupt or interfere with what you love most: the action itself. AirDog is an autonomous drone designed for extreme sports. Motion anticipation technology and flight modes dedicated to extreme sports allow users to film themselves in action, effortlessly and even in the most demanding conditions. The AirLeash waterproof remote control wristband allows you to select a sport, start the flight sequence with just the push of a button and no longer worry about a thing. Every movement of the user is recorded, regardless of his speed or height of the movement.
Flight Modes Designed for Unparalleled Results and a Superior User Experience
Every extreme sport presents unique characteristics and challenges that a conventional flight mode cannot capture in a video. This is why AirDog has flight modes designed according to the sport that is practised. And each flight mode makes it possible to adapt the precision of the tracking of the user by the drone. AirDog always responds and films your every move smoothly even when you are swallowed by the wave in the middle of a surf session or when you perform kitesurfing jumps equivalent to the height of a five-story building.
AirLeash, ready for action
Unlike drones which can be piloted using a smartphone or radio remote control, AirLeash has been specifically developed for extreme sports. It is a robust and waterproof electronic bracelet that can be worn on the wrist or on the arm. Its intuitive ergonomics make it easy to use, even when you’re in the middle of the action. It is waterproof and therefore perfect for use with water sports.
Multi-sensor fusion technology
The measurements made by the inertial unit, the GPS and the compass are merged to provide the precision necessary for recording extreme sports video sequences. Smart algorithms are used in addition to the data collected by the various sensors to anticipate movements and obtain typical movement patterns for each sport.
Designed to be folded
Technology doesn’t have to be restrictive. The drone is fully foldable, easy to pack in a backpack, and it gives you all the freedom you need to move anywhere you want.
LIDAR technology to avoid collisions with the ground
AirDog uses real-time laser remote sensing technology to prevent the drone from colliding with the ground during sudden elevation changes. If there is a bump in the course and AirDog needs to fly over it; then the LIDAR will take this new topographic element into account and automatically increase the altitude of the drone. AirDog is a drone suitable for sports practices on rough terrain and steep trails.
Included in the box
You will find in the box the AirDog drone, the AirLeash waterproof remote control bracelet, an intelligent battery with its charger, a USB charger and 4 propellers. The free iOS and Android app allow you to customize settings such as creating the path of a virtual flight line that follows the cable of a wakeboarding course. Regular free updates with new flight modes and even more customizable settings.
- Dedicated flight modes for each extreme sport
- Maximum focus on the action with AirLeash (waterproof remote control bracelet)
- The ground collision avoidance system
- Foldable, easy to store in a backpack
- Maximum speed: 64 km / h
- Wind resistance: 50km / h
- Included: AirDog drone, AirLeash (remote control bracelet), 4 propellers, 1 smart battery, 2 chargers
- Up to 18 minutes of flight time
- GoPro camera required
DJI Mavic Pro Drone
The DJI Mavic Pro Fly More Combo drone is a rather small but super powerful drone that turns the sky into a playground easily and worry-free, letting you turn every aerial excursion into a magical moment. This drone is ideal for athletes who need to carry the Mavic in their backpack and are limited in place. You will be able to fly the drone for 27 minutes with a fully charged battery. Its top speed is 64 km / h. Its compact size hides a great deal of complexity that makes it one of DJI’s most sophisticated drones. The DJI Mavic Pro has a high-performance camera that allows you to take high-quality photos and videos thanks to the 3-axis mechanical gimbal. The DJI Mavic Pro has skilful, reliable and intuitive flight modes that let you take photos and videos just the way you want. Avoid sport mode if you are not in a very open environment, otherwise, you may regret it, the drone will become much more nervous and some safety devices are disabled. The remote control is practical, efficient, comfortable, robust, it is ideal for use with a smartphone-type phone via the DJI GO application. The LCD screen is a big plus compared to the Phantom. Finally, the drone comes with 3 batteries which is very appreciable. 3 x 27 min for almost 1h30 of autonomy!
- It is easy to take anywhere without much effort.
- It is relatively easy to learn, you only need to read a few pages of the manual to make it fly.
- The mobile application also guides you during the first flights.
- The Mavic is the only drone of its size to have a built-in high-precision 3-axis mechanical camera stabilization system, giving you clear photos and smooth videos without losing a single pixel.
- Every shot with the Mavic Pro can be done in 4K, captured at 30 frames per second.
- Its autonomy of 27 minutes is a strong point, same for the set of 3 batteries provided.
DJI Spark Drone
The Spark is a mini drone equipped with all the advanced technologies of the manufacturer DJI. With intelligent flight control options and a camera with incredible image quality, Spark lets you push your creative limits. It is one of the drones most appreciated by fans of extreme sports such as skiing, mountain biking, mountaineering or climbing because its small size makes it transportable even on the most hostile terrain.
Quick launch with Face-Aware facial recognition technology, the DJI Spark takes off from your hand by recognizing your face. It takes off and goes into position a few seconds after power-up. The control is super easy. Take amazing aerial photos using just hand gestures, without a remote control or mobile device.
Professional quality video creation. Easily create breathtaking aerial videos using intelligent flight modes and intuitive controls. Edit and share. The DJI GO 4 app offers auto edit templates and a variety of filters. Quickly edit your videos and share them directly on social networks.
- Quick launch: With FaceAware, the Spark takes off from your hand by recognizing your face.
- It takes off and snaps into place a few seconds after power-up.
- Simple Control: Take amazing aerial photos using just hand gestures, without remote control or mobile device.
- Create videos with ease: Intelligent flight modes and intuitive controls help you create aerial videos in seconds.
- Battery life: Fly the drone for 16 minutes with a fully charged battery.